TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These terms and conditions (terms) apply all users of www.prdb.pk (the website). Please read them carefully because by accessing content via the website you are agreeing t abide by these terms. We may make changes to these terms from time to time, which will be published on the website and, if significant changes are made, notified to you, your academic institution or corporate subscriber (as appropriate). These terms were last updated in August 2019.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All the content of the website (content) is the copyright of Pakistan Research Data Base or is reproduced with permission from the copyright owner. PRDB website, PRDB app, associated logos and/or any other names or logos of products or services provided by PRDB and referred to on the website are trademarks of PRDB or its licensors.
Nothing in these terms shall un any way exclude, modify or affect any of your statutory rights under intellectual property laws. All rights not expressly granted to you by these terms are reserved to PRDB.
USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS
Certain content (including full text articles, books cases and journals) is accessible to registered users only and is subject to payment of an applicable fee (restricted content). Where you have been issued with a username and/or password by your academic institution (or appropriate corporate subscriber) in order to access restricted content, you must keep that username and password confidential and not disclose that information to anyone else. PRDB may also use industry standard methods in order to verify your access rights.
PERMITTED USESAll content may be retrieved and downloaded solely for personal, non-commercial use. In respect of the restricted content, you may:
- Search, view, retrieve and display on screen the restricted content;
- Print a single copy or download and save individual articles or items of the restricted content for educational purposes;
- Distribute a single copy of individual articles or single chapters of the restricted content in print or electronic form to other registered users or to other individual scholars collaborating with registered users but only for the purposes of fair dealing for non-commercial research and educational purposes.
The content may not otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of PRBD. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to request such permission.
In particular, you may not without the permission of PRDB (contact email@example.com):
- Use all or part of the content for commercial use;
- Remove or alter the authors’ name or copyright notices or other means of identification as they appear on any content;
- Make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts or make multiple copies of any part of the content for any purpose other than expressly permitted by this agreement;
- Prepare, publish or distribute works which combine the restricted content with any other material or any other derivative works; or
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the restricted content for any purpose whatsoever. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
While we endeavor to ensure that the website will be available for the whole day i.e. 24 hours a day. PRDB shall have no liability if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
From time to time we may allow users to post their own material on the website. Such materials do not necessarily reflect the views of PRDB. By posting materials on our website, you represent that:
- You have all necessary rights in and to such materials and that such materials will not infringe any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties:
- Such material will not corrupt or otherwise be technically harmful to the website or any content; and
- Such material will not be defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene, in breach of confidence, or in breach of privacy.
PRDB reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material posted by users that it deems inappropriate or in breach of these terms.
REMOVAL OF ACCESS
PRDB reserves the right to block your access to the website and/or the restricted content in the event that you do not comply with these terms.
PRDB makes no warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the content for any purpose, or that the services provided by the websites will be uninterrupted or error free. All content is provided “as is”. PRDB will have no liability for any special, exemplary, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or other expenses of any kind (including loss of profits or revenues, loss of business, depletion of goodwill, loss of anticipated savings, loss of contract or business interruption) arising under or in connection with use or inability to use the website and/or the restricted content.
Liability for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for fraud is not excluded or limited and the exclusions set out in this legal notice only apply to the extent permitted by law.